Satanta District Hospital was established in 1952 serving the community with 13 licensed beds. In 1963 the Long Term Care Unit was added providing accommodations for 24 resident beds.

More recently in 1999, the Long Term Care Unit and a portion of the Hospital plant were remodeled to provide a fresh and modernized look along with increasing the capacity of the Long Term Care Unit to 35 beds.

Our most recent transformation came in August 2000 when our facility became a "Critical Access Hospital," with our access hub being St. Catherine's Hospital in Garden City, Kansas. We currently have capabilities for 13 acute/swing beds and 44 long-term care beds. Our facility is a part of the Great Plains Health Alliance and the Pioneer Health Network. Additionally the facility is affiliated with VHA, the Kansas Hospital Association, and the American Hospital Association.