How to use the VPN:
Before using the VPN ask IT to provide you with the "VPN DNS Settings" batch file.
If you have not completed the "One Time Setup" scroll down below to complete that first.
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Type "https://126.96.36.199" into the blank (without quotes) and then press "Enter", it would be a good idea to add this to your favorites.
3) A pop-up window should appear prompting you for a username and password. Please enter the VPN username and password that was provided to you and then press "OK".
5) Open up your "Remote Desktop Connection" and connect using the IP Address you were provided.
6) When you are prompted for a username and password type SDH\yourusername and your password (Note: this is your Windows username and password that you use to sign on to the computer, not your VPN username/password).
7) You are now connected.
One time only setup:
(For computers you have not used with the VPN before)
These first steps are necessary for personal computers only, if you are on a hospital issued computer, please skip to step 10.
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Click the Gear icon in the top right hand corner and chose "Internet Options"
3) Click the security tab and then click "Trusted Sites" so it is highlighted in blue. Then click the "Sites" button
4) Type "https://188.8.131.52" into the blank (without quotes) and then click "Add"
5) Click "Close", then "OK" to exit Internet Options.
6) Now press and hold the "Alt" button on your keyboard and then press "T", then release both keys.
7) Click "Pop-Up Blocker" then "Pop-Up Blocker Settings"
8) Type "https://184.108.40.206" into the blank (without quotes) and then click "Add"
9) Click "Close" to exit the Pop-Up Blocker Settings menu
-Skip to here if you're using a hospital issued computer-
10) Type "https://220.127.116.11" without quotes into the address bar of Internet Explorer and then press enter.
The website may warn you saying "There is a problem with this website's security certificate" depending on your computers settings. This is normal. Choose "Continue to this website (not recommended)", it is safe.
11) A pop-up window should appear prompting you for a username and password. Please enter the VPN username and password that was provided to you and then press "OK".
12) A notification will appear saying "This website wants to install the following add-on: 'SSL Network Extender' from 'Check Point Software Technologies Ltd.'." please click "Install".
The screen may flash black asking for your permission to continue. Click "Okay" or "Allow" to progress.
13) Eventually another window will appear titled "Check Point". Click "Trust Server" at the bottom.
You may receive a notification stating that "Windows Firewall has blocked some features of this program". If this happens, check the boxes for "Domain networks" and "Private Networks" and then click "Allow Access"
14) You will receive a popup saying "You have reached the SSL Network Certificate Gateway" and additional nonsense. Just click "Ok"
15) You are now connected.