1) Open your Google Calendar
2) Click the 'create' button in the top left of the page to add a new event.
3) Fill in any relevant information. Please include a descriptive title and accurate time.
4) On the right hand side of the screen, you should see the option to add 'Guests or Rooms'. Click the button labeled 'Rooms, etc.'
5) Then click "Add" on the 'Basement Classroom' option. Make any additional changes/invitations to your event and then click save to add your event to the calendar. You must click save or the event will not be added.
Note: If the basement classroom does not show up in the list it may already be reserved for that time slot. You can always check availability of the classroom under the 'Shared Calendars' link from the Employee Homepage.
Important Note: It is only necessary to encrypt an e-mail being sent to someone who does not have an @satantahospital.org email address. Any email sent between employees using their @satantahospital.org email address will be secure.
When composing a message simply put either "Encrypt" or "Confidential" into the subject line (quotation marks not necessary) before the rest of your subject. A long as you put either of those words anywhere in the subject, ensuring they are not misspelled, The message will be encrypted.
When someone receives a message that is encrypted, they will receive a message letting them know that they have received a message sent from your email address that is secure. It will also provide them a link to another website (called the Encryption portal) where they can view the message.
The first time this happens they will be prompted to choose their own password for accessing mail. Once they choose a password they can sign in and view any encrypted messages. They can also use this portal to send an encrypted message.
The next time they receive an encrypted mail sent from the hospital they will be required to log on with that password to view and send an encrypted message. Full instructions and help are included in the Encryption Portal for users needing access to this feature.
This is a short guide to help you access and use your Satanta District Hospital email account
1) Open up your internet browser and type mail.satantahospital.org into the address bar near the top of the screen then hit enter, or if you are viewing this on the website simply click here. It would be a good idea to add that link to your computer favorites if it is not there already.
2) You should then see the logon screen shown below. Type in the username and password provided to you by your manager. If you do not have this information please ask your manager or the IT department for help. Typically your username is the first letter of your first name followed by your last name. For example, 'Tyler Durden' would have the username 'tdurden'.
Important note: Remember if you are asked for your username that will be in this format: tdurden. If you are asked for your email address that will look like this: email@example.com. If you do not use the mail.satantahospital.org address to sign in and instead go to gmail.com, you will need to type your entire email address.
3) Once you sign in for the first time you will be asked to agree to the Google Apps terms of service and then be asked to chose a new password. Your password will be required to meet security guidelines outlined in the hospital handbook.
4) After choosing a new password you should see your inbox, it will look something like this:
If you do not see a similar screen please double-check these instructions to make sure completed all necessary steps. If you still do not see a similar screen and cannot view or send email please call IT or ask your manager to send an email asking for assistance.
If you would like a short introductory video on how Google Apps Mail works you may view the following:
For a more in depth tutorial you can work through at your own pace please visit this webpage for help: http://edutraining.googleapps.com/Training-Home/module-2-mail
1-3 of 3